Department: Product & Project Management
Position: Full Time – Project Manager, Partnerships
At AMP, our vision is centered around “Paying well with others”, which means a deeply collaborative approach to payments and partnerships. As a modern Fintech and transaction technology company, our focus is delivering smarter and more delightful ways to exchange value in a rapidly evolving sector.
As the Project Manager for partnerships, you’ll be an essential part of creating the best possible collaboration model for our partners to leverage our technology and work with our internal teams. Your focus will be on managing and scaling our customer projects, to help our teams stay on track and deliver high-impact work to our wide range of technology partners. You’ll act as a linchpin for our technology, responsible for driving projects forward and effectively managing time and resources for our product, design, and engineering teams.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and organized person who can prioritize work and set timelines while working with multiple partners and internal teams, and who is driven to use their ability to move work forward so AMP can deliver on the promise of collaborative and smarter payments. The candidate must be capable of multitasking, adapting to new technologies and changing environments, troubleshooting, documenting, and presenting highly detailed analysis reports. Work experience in Payments industry or financial technology is a must.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Shepherd projects from start to finish: from crafting project plans and timelines to resourcing, execution, and follow-up iteration.
- Set project teams up for success with a clear and organized operational model: project kickoffs, team standups, regular updates, etc.
- Build out timelines and deadlines for projects, making sure every person knows what’s required of them in order for the team to deliver on time.
- Maintain project objectives
- Identify and resolves issues and risks
- Report on project progress, offers viable solutions and opportunities as they arise
- Manages stakeholders to make sure schedule is on track
- Hold project retrospectives to learn from and improve our work as we go.
- Facilitate the gathering of feedback and consensus from cross-functional partners in multiple locations and time zones, and follow through to make sure feedback is implemented.
- Keep an eye on and continually communicate the progress of projects and any potential risks or delays.
- Understand and improve our team’s workflows and identify tooling and process needs that will help us scale.
- Help the team identify metrics to measure the success of new initiatives, track ongoing progress, and follow-up on long-term impact.
You’re the kind of person who…
- 3+ years of proven experience in a project management role leading product initiatives on tight timelines.
- PMP certifications required.
- Creative problem solving: You’re resourceful, resilient, and adaptive, and will helpclear the path for everyone to do their best work.
- A high bar for both written and verbal communication: You share information ordecisions with clarity and context.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills: You can expertly and effectively lead meetings like planning sessions, retros, and status check-ins.
- Exceptional people skills: You’re an inclusive and proactive communicator. You can work well with teams and cross-functional partners of varying disciplines, across multiple locations.
- Sharp decision-making: You can help a team work through any challenge, taking priorities, strategy, and business needs into account to inform project decisions and direction.
- A lightweight approach: You prioritize moving quickly and keeping the team aligned over time-consuming or documentation-heavy internal processes.
- An experimental mindset: You love helping teams take an iterative approach through rapid prototyping and gathering customer feedback as early and as often as possible.
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management.
- Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to: JIRA, ProjectManager.com, Airtable, MS Project, MS Excel, etc.
Nice to have…
- Background or knowledge of payment or Fintech
- Experience with or certification in Agile development.
- Certified Scrum Master.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Understanding of EMV, contact, contactless and magstripe transaction.
We are a growing company, with offices located around the world, and our headquarters in Toronto, Canada. AMP is proud to provide a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Ready to forge the future of payments? Send an email with your resume and let us know why you’re the right fit!