Payment solutions are complex and constantly evolving by nature, and lots of documentation is generated in the endless pursuit of better and faster products.
Your mission will be to champion clarity and quality, and to contribute to the success of our entire product range through outstanding documentation. We pride ourselves on changing the payments landscapes with each payments solution that we build, and we are looking for motivated applicants who are passionate about delivering work of the highest caliber. You will be responsible for creating technical documentation that elucidates and supports AMP’s extensive line of payment solutions. Working collaboratively with developers, quality control, product managers and industry experts, you will be equipped to create documents that are valuable and contextual. The payments landscape is a complicated one, and you will be challenged to communicate and guide our customers effectively with minimal friction.
As a technical writer, you will:
- Distill complex information into clear and concise text
- Produce high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards of order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology
- Join internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Maintain records and files of work, and their revisions
- Edit, standardize, or make appropriate changes to material prepared by others
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Familiarize yourself with existing documentation and AMP’s products
You don’t shy away from a challenge, and have an exceptional ability to navigate complexity and details
- You’re great at creating concise and understandable documentation in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re motivated to understand a product to the fullest and won’t hesitate to interview relevant parties to get a clearer view if needed.
- You enjoy organizing and maintaining information architecture
Experience in technical writing of software documentation
- At least 3 years of work experience in a technical environment
- Post-secondary degree
- Ability to deliver accurate documentation under deadline pressure
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Strong ability to self-direct and work independently
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
Nice to have
University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of the Payments industry
- Knowledge of payment terminals
- Capable of using a variety of software to produce text, charts, graphs, diagrams, photos and other supplementary material as necessary
- Multimedia experience, such as blogging, video, and web content
At AMP we believe in working hard and “paying” well with others. That means an agile, bold approach to payment solutions and a collaborative attitude where the payment experience is at the core of our method. We are a growing company, with offices located across the world, and our headquarters in Toronto, Canada. AMP is proud to provide a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Ready to forge the future of payments? Click the link below, send us an email with your resume and let us know why you’re the right fit!