Department: Head Office / Operations
Position: Full Time – Office Administrator
At AMP, our vision is centred around “Paying well with others”, which means a deeply collaborative approach to payments, partnerships, and customer success. Our global HQ is at the center of all things AMP: from hardware research & development, programming, assembly, to sales & marketing, and company management, and this is where we need your keen sense of organization and proactive problem-solving to keep things running smoothly.
In the Office Administrator position, you’ll be an important part of daily operations, ensuring that the AMP office environment maintains a sense of clarity and reliability for our distributed team across the globe. This role sits at an important intersection of company culture and operations, where the most important outcome is to have a reliable and highly functional main office atmosphere. This is a flexible role by definition and covers areas from answering phones, working alongside the Sales team, to overseeing shipping paperwork and organizing travel itineraries and internal processes to keep the HQ on track.
We’re looking for a very punctual, moderately experienced, and well-organized team member with a strong ability to take charge of, manage, and proactively improve the environment around them, while having a customer-facing attitude and ability to help build our company culture.
*** As this role in in-person and crucial to the daily operations of our physical headquarters, only candidates able to work in Canada, interested in full-time employment will be eligible for hiring. ***
- Be the main point of contact and punctual, reliable admin for our company HQ
- Manage the day-to-day office operations of our physical office and work to keep our in-person environment organized, inviting, and professional
- Plan, execute, and communicate schedules, meetings, and travel itineraries
- Strong verbal and written skills are crucial for success when dealing with many time zones in our globally distributed team & a wide range of customers
- Work with others to create, update, and manage schedules over multiple locations, and improve organization & clarity
- Work directly with customers via phone and email about general inquiries, and especially proactive updates on items like shipping/tracking, RMAs, & meetings
- Receive, document, and appropriately direct any cold calls/emails to our sales funnel, and work with our sales team with effective communication
- Handle the shipment and receipt of products, materials, and supplies
- Track, trace, and update the status of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Log activity in a digital database system, use digital ticketing tools, and clearly communicate via email & business chat
- Help to build company culture with event planning and employee engagement
- Self-manage office supplies and procedures, create and implement processes to improve the shared working environment
- Strong sense of time organization, customer-facing tone, and urgency
- Able to work independently and with a distributed team and management
You’re the kind of person who…
- Is fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Has a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Values organization, and works to keep things neat & tidy
- Works with good communication, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Is able to help bridge communication gaps between customers & sales
- Is able to work with online shipping providers tools including, but not limited to: FedEx, UPS, DHL, Canada Post, USPS, etc.
- Has computer & phone skills and a willingness to be trained on internal systems
- Has good Microsoft software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
Nice to have…
- Background or experience in operations or sales
- Previous experience with payment terminals & solutions
We are a growing company, with offices located across the world, and our headquarters in Toronto, Canada. AMP is proud to provide a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Ready to forge the future of payments? Send an email with your resume and let us know why you’re the right fit!