Department: Sales Engineering
Position: Full Time – Sales Engineer
At AMP, our vision is centered around “Paying well with others”, which means a deeply collaborative approach to payments and partnerships. As a modern Fintech and transaction technology company, our focus is delivering Smarter and more delightful ways to exchange value in a rapidly evolving sector.
Smarter payments starts with collaboration, where we work to understand the journey and goals of our technology partners; and as a Sales Engineer at AMP you’ll be at the very center of this critical process. Your efforts will go towards turning our potential customers into lifetime collaborators, where you’ll help to drive the technical fit of our two companies and deliver a clear, rapid path for integrators, developers, and partners of every kind to find mutual value when working with AMP. To do this, you’ll need to be able to work seamlessly between our nimble sales organization and our range of expert technical teams, operating as a tech-to-customer translator who helps all teams rally around the most impactful work, ultimately delivering better payment experiences to customers and deeper product insights to our behind-the-scenes teams.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Onboarding of new clients and guiding them through the payment
- integration and implementation process – working closely with sales, product, and service teams during the process
- Acting as the subject matter expert to clients and prospects regarding all AMP products and services
- Leading demand & supply side integrations with new/existing clients while providing subject matter expertise during intro, and integration
- Supporting the business team to resolve technical issues and develop strong cross-functional relationships
- Taking part in preparation for customer meetings, demonstrations, evaluations, etc.
- Working closely with our engineering team to address outstanding technical issues, and clearly relay updates
- Create and maintain training, learning, and skill enhancement processes
- Collecting feature requirements from the field and classifying/justifying them – work closely with sales and product teams to assess possible enhancements to Product roadmap
You’re the kind of person who…
- Is knowledgeable and experienced in the Payments industry
- 5+ years of experience in sales engineering / technical account management / or professional services
- Works with strong troubleshooting skills
- Can understand business issues, apply solutions to solve the issues and define the resulting value proposition with a strong customer focus
- Has experience analyzing data to generate clear proposals and presentations.
- Excels at communication and client-facing skills
- Thrives when working complexity and working on concurrent projects
- Is self-motivated and diligent; able to take the initiative to get the job done
- Is a team player, proactive, self-directed, detailed, and organized individual
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written English proficiency
- Has strong leadership, technology, analytical, and communication skills
- Has a BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent discipline
Nice to have…
We are a growing company, with offices located across the world, and our headquarters in Toronto, Canada. AMP is proud to provide a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Ready to forge the future of payments? Send an email with your resume and let us know why you’re the right fit!